Sloth [slawth] noun
habitual disinclination to exertion; indolence; laziness
Why Kate Sincerely thinks Sloth’s considered a deadly sin:
The expression “Idle hands are the devil’s playthings” comes to mind. I think if/when we’re bored we’re that much more inclined to do something we shouldn’t. Google seems to sincerely think Sloth’s considered a deadly sin because of emotional as well as spiritual apathy, which makes sense. I consider myself agnostic– I believe there’s something somewhere out there, but I don’t believe you need to go to church or push your religion on other people to prove that. I doubt that’s necessarily sloth, though for me it doesn’t seem like too much of a leap sometimes.
Some of my Recent Sins:
- We were without power for slightly over 24 hours a couple days ago, and though I tagged along with Gabe while he helped people get their generators going, I mainly took this as an opportunity to sleep more than I normally would.
- Prior to the power outage I rewatched my favorite Dawson’s Creek reruns for the third time and have started watching all of Revenge again, too.
- Most of the time when I take Logan outside, I’ll usually sit down and read while he plays.
- I spend more time writing to people than I do cleaning the house. With the exception of laundry, dishes, and picking up after Logan, I usually only clean when we’re expecting company… which isn’t very often.
- I haven’t bothered looking for a job since I’m confident whatever I’d make wouldn’t be worth hiring a sitter or paying for daycare.
I don’t know if it’s because I was working on this blog, but I recently started organizing all of the miscellaneous boxes shoved to the side of our garage. On the first day it barely looked like I did anything, but on the following morning it really looked like I made a dent out there. With any luck this makes me less sloth, but one way we’ll know for sure is if I’m still motivated to go through boxes the rest of this month, haha. All the best, whether you’re struggling with sloth or not.
Sincerely, Kate ~!~