If you’re my parents, you’re probably wondering why I, the girl who once referred to lettuce as toxic, is posting something called The Salad Bowl, but I find it fitting considering how thrown together this Miscellaneous Monday is going to be. It shall include me accepting The Sunshine Blogger Award and me throwing in some random gifs I enjoy even though they may not work with the context all that well. Bon appetit, Bleaders– you’re about to be served!
The Rules: Post 11 facts about yourself, answer these 11 questions, and nominate 11 other blogs.
1. Living in the Moment nominated me for this award.
2. In the past week I have written four intro letters, three of them were to members of the LEP.
3. LEP = League of Extraordinary Pen Pals. I’m probably writing as many people from the group as I had pen pals prior to joining, in one way or another.
4. The Smashbook I mentioned last time is not the newest venture of mine! Three fellow Americans and I are starting something called a Traveling Journal, which is going to be like a group letter of sorts.
5. One of the women from #4, Ann, seems to be just as obsessive-compulsive as I am when it comes to pen palling. The day the Traveling Journal idea surfaced was the same day she bought a book for us to use.
6. While I wait for my turn, I have a vampire named Michael to write to. One of the LEPers writes letters as characters from the books she’s working on which is really clever. Sometimes I write Michael back as a 22-year-old named Leslie for kicks and giggles.
7. Other things I currently have to work on: tomorrow’s post (about Les Mis!), getting some postcards scanned for an upcoming postcrossing-friendly post, and finally finishing Feed by M.T. Anderson– it’s been too long since I made a dent on that book!
8. Random things I will do today include: watching Once Upon a Time and Revenge, checking both the mailbox’s red flag and my wordpress stats religously, and hanging out with the Loganator.
9. Gabe and I are planning to take Logan to the planetarium this weekend. Over the summer we also hope to take him to the Children’s Museum and back to the Children’s Zoo, too.
10. Gabe’s aunt created a monster! After the show at the planetarium I will likely stop at the Sweet Boutique for a frozen hot chocolate.
11. I think I may be ha
1. What is the first thing you do as soon as you wake up in the morning? Tend to the Loganator, as he is usually the one to wake me up.
2. What is your greatest fear? Never figuring out what I’m meant to do with this life I’ve been given.
3. Do you have a new years resolution for 2014? I had quite a few. Several of the resolutions are still in tact, but 8 and 9 fell through. Oh well.
5. What is your favorite childhood memory? I used to frequent my Aunt Laurie’s quite a bit until she and my Uncle Bob had a little girl of their own. One time they took me to this craft store– The Scrap Box– that had all sorts of things like empty honey bottles, recycled folders and ribbons, and other people’s junk that was to be become someone else’s treasure. I took my paper bag full of materials into their basement and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas and ate Arby’s while building a castle or something of the sort.
6. What’s your favorite social media platform and why? I use Facebook more than anything. I made a twitter, but I just can’t get into it or things like tumblr or flickr. Oh well!
7. What did the last text message you received say? “On our way but it will be slow.” – Gabe.
8. What bugs you the most? Auto payments, because when we get zapped with overdraft fees it’s usually because something was taken out that we didn’t witness ourselves. Out of sight, out of mind. Whoops.
9. What do you consider to be the most important appliance in your house? The computer as it’s how I keep in touch with the world. I wouldn’t have the pen pals that I have without it, I wouldn’t get to stay caught up on The Big Bang Theory, and I wouldn’t get to mess around with this blog of mine.
10. If you could have one song that would play whenever you entered a room, what would it be? “The Imperial March” from Star Wars, haha.
11. What’s your favorite movie quote?
If you made it this far, thanks for hanging in there! I hope the graphics (and the two videos!) helped brighten up this post a bit– it’s the Sunshine Blogger Award I am accepting, after all! Since the award’s creator seems fond of the number 11, that’s exactly how many of the gifs I used, hehe. All the best to you all, especially my 11 nominees!
Sincerely, Kate ~!~