Happy New Year, Bleaders! I thought I’d share some of my resolutions for this year this time around. Hopefully as you read Sincerely Kate throughout 2014 you’ll see these things as they’re resolved– in addition to the resolutions themselves, I’ll share just how you might find these things as the year progresses.
1. Be a better wife and mother. I will definitely be posting blogs about both of the guys in my life as their respective birthdays approach and I’ll acknowledge them again on my wedding anniversary. They’ll likely be featured here more than that, I just don’t know any other specifics just yet.
2. Continue to try new recipes. This is far from a foodie blog, but I know I’ll be making an exception towards the end of the summer for something my mom and I are calling The Great Breakfast Challenge (provided she gets to visit!) so who knows if there will be other exceptions.
3. Try to meet Kära since we weren’t successful last fall. Obviously meeting a pen pal warrants a blog all on its own.
4. Conquer at least one thing from my bucket list. Most of the things on my bucket list may also warrant their own posts, but solving a rubiks cube will probably wind up a footnote elsewhere.
5. Get and use a library card. I’ve mostly been using my Kindle to read as of late, but when I do make it to the library to check something out I’ll mention that fact when I post that something’s book review.
6. Work on a short story anthology that fell by the wayside early last year. Although this project is under wraps until completion (whenever the heck that is), another short story is to be shared here come either March or April in something I’m calling KaShoStoMo.
7. Be a good judge this month 😉 . On the 10TH, 15TH, 25TH, and 30TH of this month I’ll be posting the results from said judging here so stay tuned!
8. Strive to do my best with the other writing opportunities I (may have) recently acquired (that pay!). The writing opportunity is still a bit of a mystery to me, though as I begin to work on it &/or upon its completion I may have many a reason to bring it up. If it’s not worthy of its own post it may at least tie into another.
9. Do an intense clean on the house, even if it’s just one room per month (garage included), and then keep it clean. I highly doubt I’ll specifically write about this, but an update may occur as I talk about either of the boys.
10. Add Miscellaneous Mondays into my blog rotation. Considering this is an addition to my blog, obviously you can see these posts on here! They’ll occur on most Mondays, starting tomorrow. I will still be posting pen pal-friendly things on the same days I did last year (5TH, 10TH, etc.); these additional posts are more for the “bandwagons” that pop up around WordPress like Daily Prompts, Challenges, and then the Music Themes I recently started participating in. I will likely start posting book reviews on these days one day in the near future, and I also plan to start accepting whatever awards I’m nominated for on them, too.
I have more than 10 resolutions (like getting Logan potty trained and getting myself to the dentist), but this looks like a pretty good list to me. Hopefully 2014 is a good year for me and the boys and for all of you, too. All the best, now and always.
Sincerely, Kate ~!~