Hola! In addition to being nominated for the award I originally created, Container Chronicles also nominated me a few others *throws confetti* (Since it’s December, the thought of throwing anything reminded me of the song “What’s This” from The Nightmare Before Christmas in case you were curious about the title of this blog… like my mom was.)
- 1-Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
- 2-Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen– there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required– and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
- 3-Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them.
- 4-Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
- 5-You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear Share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
- 6-And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars! (There are graphics with more stars highlighted should you be nominated for this more than once).
Since I’m accepting four awards today, I shall nominate four people for this specific award:
Here are the rules:
- You must display this award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
- Present 8 deserving Bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominees with the post and let them know of their award.
- Write a word or phrase about yourself for each letter of the alphabet.
Here are my ABCs (and yes, I know X is a cop-out and V is just weird):
Amazing Notebook Junkie
Collector of Gnomes Pen Pal
Dear 😉 Quirky
Jolly Wannabe Writer
Kit Kat ❤ Xtraordinary
And here are my eight nominees:
- Nerd in the Brain
- Sips of Jen & Tonic
- Fairytale Epidemic
- Letters, Postcards, and a Cup of Tea
- ELT inspired
- Unsent Bitchy Business Letters
“The Dragon’s Loyalty Award is an award for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly.”
Rules for this award:
1. First, display the award on your site. You earned it and you deserve it!
2. Link back to the person who gave you the award in your acceptance post.
3. Nominate 15 well-deserving bloggers for the award and let them know the wonderful news by sending them a message on their site.
4. List 7 interesting facts about yourself
7 interesting facts:
1. I have a plethora of questions I like to ask each of my pen pals, and I’m going to use my answers for this set of facts.
2. If I could have a superpower, I’d want what Monica had in season 2 of Heroes. Having knife skills in the kitchen or even wrestling moves just by seeing them would be incredibly convenient.
3. If I could have 50 pounds of anything, besides money, I think I’d go with clothes and divide the weight among me and the boys (e.g. 10 pounds of work pants for Gabe, another 10 for winter-friendly apparel for the Loganator, etc.). Unless gift cards are acceptable, then I’d go with those instead.
4. As a kid, three things I collected were keychains, Beanie Babies, and Goosebumps books, and as a teenager I collected shot glasses, hoodies, and “princess” stuff. These days I’ve been collecting postcards, lined stationery, and gnomes.
5. If life was a movie mine would be called Little Wonders, Maggie Gyllenhaal would star in it, and the soundtrack would include “Semi-Charmed Life” by Third Eye Blind, “I Could Not Ask for More” by Edwin McCain, and “Little Wonders” by Rob Thomas.
6. If I had to choose an anthem for myself it would be “Unwell” by Matchbox 20.
7. The three things I’m thankful for right this second are leftovers from Hungry Howies, a new episode of American Horror Story, and these blog awards, of course!
- My parents
- My pen pals
- Give me a daisy
- The Moody Reader
- 47whitebuffalo’s Blog
- This Labyrinth I Roam!
- Post the award on your blog and who nominated you
- Share 8 things about yourself
- Nominate 8 people and let them know
Despite the rules, since I nominated eight people when I made this award I’m not going to nominate more people. However I didn’t share eight things about yours truly last time so I shall do that now that I’ve won this award myself…
- Despite making this award, I’m not a fan of wearing skirts.
- I do not own a single pair of heels.
- A goal of mine next year is to win at least five more awards… and for people besides my mom to nominate me (wink wink, nudge nudge).
- Another goal is to get 100 followers and for them to comment on each of my blogs to the point I can end each post with my favorite comment from the previous entry.
- Things I literally want include Sims 3 and a bookshelf.
- I am determined to get Logan an ornament for Christmas every year and Gabe’s just as determined to get him a John Deere tractor.
- Most of our Christmas shopping was done before Thanksgiving for the first time ever.
- This award seems a bit ironic after a post like this!
Congratulations to all of my nominees; I hope finding the award I chose for you wasn’t too much of a challenge! It’s been great following your blogs and being followed myself (in a non-stalker way, of course). Keep on keeping on!
Sincerely, Kate ~!~