Originally I had high hopes for today’s post… just look at what my blog draft initially had:
There are no greater loves in my life than my husband, Gabe, and our son, Logan. However, there are other loves in my life as someone who has enjoyed pen palling for nearly 10 years. These are the loves that keep me company when the boys are away. The loves that are always ready and waiting for me whenever I’m ready for them.
Despite these great loves of mine, that was the most I wrote about them before thanks to a bunch of incoming mail this past week. I would have liked to give these things the justice they deserve, but that’s just not in the cards today. Instead, you’ll find them among the things below– I thought with Valentine’s Day yesterday I’d share 14 factoids about me and what I love.
1. Had I been born on my due date, today would have been my birthday.
2. I was two weeks late– sorry, mom!
3. For my birthday this year, I’m hoping Gabe and I will do what we have done on several of the March 1sts that came before it: go pottery painting and grab something to eat.
4. I already got my presents… Well, at least the two things I really had my heart set on. The first was this Day-Timer planner:
5. The Day-Timer seems to be replacing my OCD book. Not only does it have a section for addresses, the calendar pages (1 week on 2 pages) have become where I log my incoming mail.
6. The second present I already received was this custom mail monster, made for me by Meredith over at MoreToesThanNose. (There will be a more thorough post on Mystique sometime 😉 )
7. It was on Valentine’s Day, though, that I/we got something much better than flowers and candy:
8. There is a hamster in there. It took much deliberation, but we all seem to have settled on the name Buddy.
9. There are two other names I have come to love: Manolo and Pablo.
10. Manolo, my regular mailbox, is there for me practically seven days a week, and tries to make my day whenever I see him, though sometimes it’s out of his control.
11. As for Pablo, the P.O. Box, he is the one on the side. I only see him twice a week, but he knows how to make those two visits worth my while.
12. Speaking of mail… sort of, I recently enclosed Olaf Valentines with each of the letters I’ve sent over the past few weeks.
13. For four years now, two boys have been my Valentine. Though this year I kind of feel like I’ve had five: Gabe, Logan, Buddy, Manolo, and Pablo, haha.
14. I’m a fruit loop among cheerios.
Have a good week!
Sincerely, Kate ~!~