I couldn’t resist the title; as you’re about to see in the rules I’m supposed to share 11 things about myself and I guess the first thing about me is that I’m a dork. This dork would like to thank Emma over at Em’s Den for the nomination. Being a pen pal friendly blog I don’t have a lot of followers, and while that’s great for this blog award, what’s really great is for one of my 136 followers to let me know how much they love what I do here at Sincerely Kate. Originally I wasn’t going to nominate anyone for this one, but I know how grateful for this I am so I’ll be returning the favor after all. So let’s get to it!
The rules for the nominees are as follows –
- Create a post about the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
- Share 11 facts/interesting things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that you were given by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 interesting questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform your nominees by posting your nomination on their blog.
Since I shared one thing about myself already, here are the other ten things:
1) I got 9 letters since May began, starting with my first one from Annie, my Geek Girl Pen Pal.
2) I also got these awesome stamps:
3) For Star Wars Day, May the Fourth, I made something for Emily over at Nerd in the Brain that was not only festive, but a component for a new project of mine (more on that next time).
4) Speaking of Emily, she gave me this spectacularly guilt-free award:
5) My Mothers’ Day was all right. Part of it was literally quite crappy, but things turned around later in the day.
6) With the exception of Gabe’s birthday, I’m not a big fan of May since all of my shows will be ending for the season with the exception of Hell’s Kitchen.
7) Speaking of Hell’s Kitchen, I don’t see any of those people winning. If I had to guess a winner it’d be Joy.
8) I get to see my brother Doug this July and I get to see my dad come September.
9) I’d still like to meet my pen pal Kära this fall, but I don’t know whether it’s all that feasible.
1o) Some people, family mainly, can expect this charming photo in the mail sometime soon:
1) If you could describe yourself with only 5 words, what words would you choose?
Someone. Who. Loathes. This. Question. Just kidding. Let’s go with creative, empathetic, homebody, loyal, and sweet.
2) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done?
Nothing I’d post for all the world to see. Besides, I like to (try to) keep moving forward.
3) What song would be the theme tune to your life?
“The Imperial March” from Star Wars, haha. Actually I’ve always considered “Unwell” by Matchbox 20 to be an anthem of sorts.
4) If someone was going to play you in a movie, who would it be?
I think Maggie Gyllenhaal could do me justice.
5) What is the one talent you really wish you had?
I wish I had the ability to draw &/or paint. I have a lot of ideas in my head, but the execution never does them justice.
6) What is the most interesting/strangest fact about you?
I imagine what’s strange to me may not be all that weird to someone else, but my laptop cord broke my foot once…
7) How has receiving this nomination made you feel?
I was very happy to get it– I like knowing that someone has thought of this little ol’ blog.
8) If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be and why?
California. My dad has lived there for almost 20 years now, but I have never been.
9) What things make you laugh?
Gabe and Logan.
10) Who is the most important person in your life and why?
See #9. Because they make me laugh. And for many other reasons. I couldn’t have picked a better little family for myself.
11) If you were stuck on a desert island and could take only 1 luxury item what would you take?
I’d be content with a pen and some paper.
- Enveloped Letters
- snails with mail
- Snailmail is Still in Fashion
- Beer, Hugs and Ice Cream
- Letters, Postcards and a Cup of Tea
- confetti love
- ELT inspired
- The Moody Reader
- Crazy Cat Nerd
My Questions for my Nominees:
1) What was the last thing that made you L-O-L?
2) What superpower would you want to have?
3) If you could have 50 pounds of anything, besides money, what would you choose?
4) What were three things you collected as a kid?
5) What are three things you collected as a teenager?
6) What are three things you collect as an adult?
7) If you could have been a teenager during any decade, which one would you pick?
8) If your life was a movie what would it be called and who would play you?
9) What three songs are a must for your movie’s soundtrack?
10) If you could be a part of any TV family, which one would you choose?
11)What reality show would you compete on?
Well, I think that’s enough for me for now, but I’ll be posting again soon for all my 136 followers, hehe.
Sincerely, Kate ~!~