I have a bit of a manic Monday going on today. There are a couple awards I want to accept and I have a few Music Themes to tend to so bear with me, please! I wanted to use “This Labyrinth I Roam” as this week’s title because in addition to it fitting what my Miscellaneous Mondays are about, the blogger who nominated me for the following awards uses it for her blog’s title 🙂
Late last year I was nominated for three awards by This Labyrinth I Roam: The Dragon’s Loyalty Award, The Versatile Blogger Award, and The Imagine Award. I already accepted the first award once before, but I thought I’d take advantage of this Miscellaneous Monday to accept the others.
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
1. Around this time last year I made SKuirrels and now I’m making these Chick Magnets for my pen pals:
2. The first letters I received this year were from Justine and Belle, and the first postcard via postcrossing I got came from Malaysia.
3. So far, the best thing to happen this year was dinner and a movie with Gabe, though this was split between two Saturdays– we had Red Lobster on the 4th and saw Frozen on the 11th.
4. The worst thing to happen this year has been needing some dental work. On the 2nd I had an exam done so on the 9th the broken molar could be taken care of.
5. Gabe is a volunteer firefighter and on Saturday we were supposed to go to a party for the guys and their significant others, but fortunately for me it got cancelled. I’m not a fan of these things, or the fact the guy who organizes them thinks my name is Kathy.
6. On the 19th the boys and I will be having a little pizza party in honor of Logan’s 3rd birthday with my grandparents and Uncle Doug’s family.
7. And of course it won’t be the little guy’s birthday until there’s a trip to Logan’s Roadhouse.
Fifteen Nominees (I’m going with 15 of the newest additions to my reader):
1. Snailmail is Still in Fashion
2. johnny ojanpera
3. The Snail Mailer’s Almanac
4. The Naked Envelope
6. Angry Pear
7. Beer, Hugs and Ice Cream
8. Hallvi’s Nest
9. Your Mother is a Dirty Girl
10. The Ugly Volvo
11. Serious thoughts taken not so seriously
12. Knocked over by a feather
13. Have You Seen My Glass Slipper?
14. Letters, Postcards and a Cup of Tea
15. Miss Four Eyes
1. Copy and paste the award to your post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post.
3. List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative).
4. Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Copy and paste The Imagine Award to your blog page.
3 Things I like about The Labyrinth I Roam:
This Blogger is a great blend of insightful and random; I especially appreciate the latter 😉
First of all, this is the header of her blog:
Second of all, this post of the Top 10 Holiday Cards is hysterical! Even if she didn’t make them, I love that she took the time to find each of them, especially the “Joy” and “Silent Night” ones.
And third of all, although it’s not pertaining to mail, she introduced me to the following video. I showed it to my friend Nicole right away but now I want to share it with you:
My Five Nominees:
Congratulations to all of my nominees! It’s now time to share my musical selections with my fellow themists and anyone else who is interested. Johnny, both a nominee and a themist, was just saying how he wanted more people to contribute so please consider joining us 🙂
Johnny’s Music Theme for January 8th: Contrast
My first reaction to this theme was that it is an AWESOME concept; thanks to my dad and brothers I am no stranger to light and dark sides, haha. My second reaction was recalling Eva’s “Old and New” post from a few themes back– I thought I’d take a Kate-friendly approach to that for this.
For starters, in the movie Down With Love, starring Renée Zellweger and my celebrity crush, Ewan McGregor, there is this sequence where they are getting ready for a big night out, while two versions of the same song play in the background.
Fly Me to the Moon- Astrud Gilberto/ Frank Sinatra
“Fill my heart with song and let me sing forever more.”
The other video I immediately thought of is one that blends a duet from the 60’s with its Glee cover…
Get Happy/ Happy Days are Here Again- Judy Garland & Barbara Streisand/ Glee Cast
“Forget your troubles, come on get happy. You better chase all your cares away.”
I wasn’t sure what to use for a third, but as I began to type “two versions of” into youtube’s search engine, up popped “two versions of a date” and I just had to watch that and I’m glad I did because I found it very amusing.
He Said. She Said. (Short Film Comedy)
. * . * .
Deborah’s Music Theme for January 13: Hobbies and Pastimes
I might have nudged my mom in this direction. Not only did I think all the themists could have fun with this theme since they each have an array of interests, I thought I could incorporate some songs that pertain to mail.
If you’re following this blog, you know that pen palling is my favorite hobby. What you may not know is that I regularly look out the window in case the car that just drove by was my mail carrier’s.
Please, Mr. Postman- The Marvelettes
“Deliver the letter, the sooner the better.”
In addition to letters, something else I enjoy doing is watching musicals, both on stage and on film. This next video represents both of these favorite pastimes.
All My Loving- from Across the Universe
“And then while I’m away I’ll write home every day.”
The next song is just a fun one that I had to include with a theme like this.
Signed, Sealed, Delivered- Stevie Wonder
“Here I am– signed, sealed, delivered– I’m yours!”
But wait, there’s more! I have a bonus video to tie both themes together! This video is the Glee cover of Stevie Wonder’s song, so not only is there a contrast between the performances, it’s also reflective of my hobby, too.
Signed, Sealed, Delivered- Glee Cast
“You got my future in your hands.”
I told you it was a bit of a Manic Monday… but in a good way, I think. This may only be my second Miscellaneous Monday, but I’ve been having fun putting these posts together. I can be pretty random and this addition to Sincerely Kate is a chance for me to express that aspect of my personality. I hope you enjoyed roaming this crazy labyrinth of mine!
Sincerely, Kate ~!~