Hola Bleaders! I was nominated for not one, but two blogs this month and it’s about time I accepted these treats, even though picking people of my own and whatnot’s a bit of a trick 😛
I was nominated for The Most Creative Blogger Award by Container Chronicles (*cough* my mother *cough*) on the 16th and below is what I have to do to accept the award… supposedly 😉
1. Post the award on my blog.
2. Write 7 things about me.
3. Nominate 5 bloggers for the award.
7 things about me:
- Since tomorrow is Halloween, and this award’s about creativity, this set of questions is going to follow a certain theme 😉
- Logan was a cow on his first Halloween and a cowboy (Woody) on his second.
- When I asked him what he wanted to be this year, my son said Captain Hook. He’ll get to pillage and plunder in our town as well as the next one over.
- I never carved a pumpkin before my first Halloween with Gabe, but now it’s something we do every year.
- Our DVD collection includes these 5 Halloween staples: Hocus Pocus, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sweeney Todd, The Rocky Horror Picture Show and It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
- My mom took advantage of my Halloween knowledge in this music-friendly blog post.
- Once upon a Halloween, I sent my pen pals syringe pens, Chinese yo-yos with a candy corn print, and other other odds and ends.
My 5 nominees:
My madre may have nominated me for this one, too. I asked her what she thought my Best Moment was and she said that she appreciated Resolutions Revisited because most people never revisit their resolutions beyond January.
1. Post the award on your blog/ who nominated you
2. State 7 things about yourself
3. Nominate 5 blogs
Seven things about me:
- I think this award’s strange; instead of acknowledging a blogger, I think you should acknowledge a specific blog of theirs that was their best moment. And I intend to do that 😉
- If I had to pick a couple of my “best moments”, it would probably be 26 Letters and Logan’s Log.
Nominate 5 blogs/ 7 things cont’d:
- I’m nominating Red Pen Mama because I knew as soon as I read “Sex Talk: Why Do Parents Say “Do as I say, Not as I Do (Did)?” that her words weren’t just something I enjoyed reading, they were words I would come back to as my son gets older.
- I’m nominating The Happsters because their site is full of positive reinforcement– a favorite post of mine is 10 Happy Things to Add to your Fall Bucket List.
- I’m nominating The Waiting because she’s also a mother to a toddler and when she posts things like The Big But they really strike a chord with me.
- I’m nominating Leanne Shirtliffe ~Ironic Mom simply because I love the randomness. How To Entertain Your Children by Doing Nothing, for example, is something I can see happening in my home and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want it to.
- I’m nominating The Monster in Your Closet because I enjoy her writing style as well as her wit. Confidence from blogging embodies both of those things and is relevant to anyone who decides to blog.
Congratulations to all of my nominees! I hope that you all keep blogging and that your Halloween’s a happy one!
Sincerely, Kate ~!~