Gabe may not have been my only boyfriend, but he managed to be my first and last, hehe. Today we’re celebrating our third wedding anniversary, which should explain the theme of this blog…
Three memories before we got married:
- Before Gabe and I officially started dating (again), we went and saw The Phantom of the Opera in Detroit. Random note: we had Arby’s on our way home and that ended up being one of two things I craved the most while I was pregnant.
- Despite the long hours Gabe worked during the first few months of our relationship, he still came to see me on a daily basis and would text me once he got back home.
- When we were in our teens we used to watch movies like Hercules and Tarzan at his parents’ all the time. I got him those movies on DVD for our first Christmas (back) together.
Three favorite wedding pictures:
Three things we’re doing for our anniversary:
- For starters we’re going to have breakfast, just not here.
- The Gourmet Cupcake Shoppe- the bakery that did our wedding- selected me as their fan of the week(!) so we’re hoping to go to the Bay City location for some goodies and my free cupcake.
- The main thing we’re wanting to do is just hang around Casa Ruiz adding to our Landmark Hoodies, eating Ben & Jerry’s Chubby Hubby, and watching movies.
Three cute baby pictures of our little guy:
Three favorite things to do with my boys:
- More than anything I love just being home with my boys.
- When we do go places the rides there are usually the best part- Logan lets us know when to stop or go, where we “should” turn, if there are trucks &/or tractors around, and he says “fries” whenever he sees those golden arches…
- I’m also fond of our night routine that’s never complete without baths that start off warm but end much cooler, bubbas and blankets being towed to and fro, and multiple goodnight kisses and waves.
Three favorite restaurants of ours:
- We all love Logan’s Roadhouse. I’m pretty sure this restaurant is why Gabe didn’t disagree with the name Logan when I first suggested it 😛
- Pizza’s another favorite in our house though we don’t have a favorite location. For a while we were ordering from a place near my in-laws’, but we recently decided we wanted to try all the crusts Hungry Howies has to offer.
- The third favorite place of ours is the Szechuan House in Frankenmith. My friend Krista introduced me to it years ago and now Gabe I go there as much as we’re able. It may not be much to look at but the food makes up for that!
Three favorite cupcakes:
Although there are two bakeries we love, our preferences to the cupcakes themselves are vastly different…
Kate’s favorites: Gabe’s favorites:
1. Peanut Butter Cup (Gourmet Cupcake Shoppe) 1. French Vanilla (GCS)
2. Mudslide (SugarHigh Bakery) 2. Birthday Cake (SHB)
3. Oreo (SHB) 3. White Raspberry (SHB)
Three trivial pet peeves:
- Although I can always count on Gabe to open anything and everything, it would be nice if he just stopped closing bottles or sippy cups so tight so I could open them myself.
- When he gets home from work, all of Gabe’s clothes make it into the laundry &/or our bedroom… minus his socks. Those things show up EVERYWHERE.
- I can understand Logan not putting his own plates/bowls/etc. in the sink, but Gabe has no excuse.
Three pictures of me and Gabe:
Three things I love about pen palling:
- Being a stay-at-home-mom means most of my conversations are with a 2.5-year-old, and though my son has a pretty extensive vocabulary, I love having female adults to “talk” to from the comfort of my living room whenever it’s convenient for me/ Logan.
- I feel closer to some of my pen pals than people I’ve actually met. It’s easier for me to express myself through writing so for people to respond to what I’m saying means a lot to me.
- I like organizing games, swaps, etc. and having a group where I can mix those things with my inner Santa Claus gives me something to look forward to.
Three things I love about blogging:
- Like I said before, I express myself best when I write things down. My blogs may not be all that insightful or articulate, but they’re me and 1,700+ views later people are noticing- it’s a nice feeling.
- SK is pretty much where I write about writing. Those who know me know I consider myself rather OCD when it comes to pen palling and this blog is a reflection of that whether I’m acknowledging my pen pals, venting about mail delivery ending on Saturdays, or celebrating days like today.
- One thing I’ve learned via wordpress is that if you want people to find your blog you have to look around yourself. Not only have I stumbled upon some fun &/or interesting blogs, I’m constantly being inspired to be a better blogger. Three recent finds of mine are Chelsea in Space, Plotting Bunnies, and The Monster in Your Closet.
Three Snapple facts:
- Real Fact #200: The first country to use postcards was Austria.
- Real Fact #204: A stamp shaped like a banana was once issued in the country of Tonga.
- Real Fact #225: There are towns named Sandwich in Illinois and Massachusetts.
Three more cute pictures of Logan:
I’m sure I could come up with more categories or share pictures of Logan at 3 month intervals, but alas, it’s my anniversary so asta luego, bleaders!
Sincerely, Kate ~!~