Now that we’re halfway through the year I thought I would take the time to show how my resolutions for 2013 are working out for me. The list will be in bold, posted as it was originally written, and my updates will look the same as this sentence does. Capice?
1. It’s a recurring resolution, but to be a better wife and mother.
You know how there are those cheeses that get better with age? I think I’m like that. I feel like I have been growing right along with Logan, and I know there is still much more growing to do.
2. To continue blogging on the 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, and 30th of each month. Speaking of, what blogs would you like to see in the new year?
We’ll just ignore the second part of that, but my goal to blog on those specific days has not been ignored which makes me happy. It would have been pretty easy for me to go on a hiatus while we were without internet for over a month, and although my weekly blog suffered, this one never did.
3. Start a Pen Pal of the Month series.
4. Use up stationery I don’t use much anymore via Stationery of the Month.
Some of the paper I chose for some of the months didn’t take me long to use, though March was a real bitch.
5. Send a random postcard to a random pen pal every month.
I haven’t made some kind of record of this, but it’s safe to assume I did just this considering how I’m always finding a reason to send someone something.
6. Reward those I’ve heard from every month at the end of the year.
Can’t really cross this resolution off yet, but I can tell you that Jody, Justine, Kayla, Amanda, Holly, and Kimberlee all remain in the running.
7. To meet at least one pen pal (Kära &/or Jody from Ohio perhaps?)
I have yet to accomplish this one either, but Kära and I have been talking about meeting this summer and going to the Toledo Zoo. *Fingers crossed*
8. Have another photo shoot with the boys and Katelyn Revill.
This should be happening sometime in July!
9. Send both family and pen pals pictures from #8.
This will probably happen early August then…
10. Finish the %#@&!%& basement and hang up all the postcrossing cards down there.
Ugh. Nothing to report here
11. Read more than just mail, Facebook posts, and text messages.
The first couple months of 2013 I did NOT do this, but I made myself get Julie & Julia for my birthday in March and after I read that I kept finding things to read like the Fifty Shades of Grey books, The Infernal Devices trilogy, and The Help.
12. Try at least one new recipe a month (and from meggoesnomnom, perhaps?)
We have made six recipes over the past six months, just not one each month- whoops. We have made our own speciality pizzas, a breakfast casserole, and things in the crockpot like lasagna and meatloaf. I have yet to try any recipes from my sister-in-law’s blog but alas, I still have six months to go.
13. SAVE MONEY!
This hasn’t really happened. It seems like every time we go to try some new expense will come along. The year’s not over so maybe our luck will change.
All the best in (the second half of) 2013!
Sincerely, Kate ~!~