Over the years I have asked and been asked things like “what are three things you have to do before you die?” and “what all is on your bucket list?” and with a few exceptions (e.g. eating in one of Gordon Ramsay’s restaurants) I haven’t given it a lot of thought. That is until now. Since it is the 15th I decided to make a bucket list of no less than 15 things.
1. Perhaps this is an obvious one, but watch Logan graduate (several times), see him get married (hopefully just the once), and witness so many other milestones of his before and after then.
2. Leave the country for a week with the boys, or just with Gabe if it doesn’t happen before Logan leaves the nest. Canada doesn’t count though I wouldn’t mind going there, too.
3. I may be afraid of heights but usually that’s only when climbing up and, more importantly, getting back down are concerned. Anyway! As long as there is something to bring me back to earth I don’t mind them too much. That said, I want to go for a ride in a hot air balloon.
4. In addition to being afraid of heights I have major anxiety towards driving that I would like to conquer… one day.
5. I want to go on a “just because” road trip- you know, just because.
6. I also want to solve a rubiks cube.
7. I met two pen pals once upon a time, but I’d like to meet at least a half dozen more pen pals.
8. I would love to have something published- blogs don’t count.
9. I loved being in the school plays back in high school and I’m confident I would love being in a community production, too.
10. It would be nice to learn how to sew. And maybe even knit &/or crochet. I’d settle for the first thing.
11. Another obvious one, but get no less than a Bachelor’s degree.
12. Organize a fundraiser. For what? I don’t know yet.
13. I want/need to get a job I love that loves to have me. It needs to be able to provide money for my family without sacrificing all my time since that’s what I’d rather be giving them.
14. Despite my dad living in California since the late 90’s I have never been and I want to change that, sight-seeing and whatnot while Gabe, Logan, and I are there.
15. And like I mentioned above, I want to eat in one of Gordon Ramsay’s restaurants, preferably Hell’s Kitchen.
I’m sure there are even more things that I would like to do before I die, but at least now I can take “making a bucket list” off of that list 😉
Sincerely, Kate ~!~